About Univen Alumni
Convocation refers to all graduates of the University of Venda and the Vice-Chancellor, Deputy Vice Chancellors, the University Registrar and the Director of Library Services; and such academic employees and such other employees as may be determined by Council on the recommendation of Senate to be members of the Convocation.
Alumni refers to all the students who attended at the University of Venda in the past whether graduated or not and those who are currently registered at the post graduate level.
To foster strong, long lasting convocation and alumni relationships for rural and regional development in Southern Africa.
To support the University of Venda in offering education which addresses the developmental needs of the Southern African region through the following activities:
• To act as ambassadors for the University;
• To co-operate in supporting strategic goals of the University;
• To unite convocation and alumni, friends of the University, parents and students, in an effort to establish and maintain friendship at grassroots level;
• To foster and maintain a positive image of the university as a whole in the context of community and business interests;
• To help attract and assist prospective students to attend at UNIVEN;
• Engage in fundraising for student bursaries, university infrastructure and for the convocation;
• To actively foster a feeling of belonging among convocation and alumni;
• To take an interest in matters pertaining to the governance, administration and academic matters of the university and to make recommendations thereon;
• To contribute towards institutional advancement through donations / gifts in cash or in kind.