BURSARIES FOR 2018
De Beers will be awarding a limited number of bursaries in 2018 and is inviting un-bonded students studying at University or Universities of Technology to apply.
Consideration will be given to 1st, 2nd and 3rd year students already enrolled in the following fields of study:
– Mining Engineering with specialisation in Rock Engineering;
– Mining Engineering with specialisation in Mine Ventilation;
– Mining Engineering with specialisation in Mine Planning;
– Mine Survey;
– Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
– Chemical Engineering
– Engineering Geology to specialise in Rock Engineering/Geotechnical Engineering.
– Grade 12 (Umalusi) Matric Certificate – minimum of an APS pass rate of 5 for Mathematics and Science.
– An N3 in Mathematics and Science will be considered.
– Un-bonded students.
– Preference will be given to students from the Limpopo Province (Musina, Blouberg and Alldays).
– Preference will be given to HDSA students (previously disadvantaged).
– Students are responsible for their own registration for 2018.
– The bursary is renewable annually, depending on academic performance.
Interested students who meet the required qualifying criteria should send us their:
– Curriculum Vitae (CV).
– Complete and up-to-date academic record.
– Matric certificate.
– Proof of place of birth/ or copy of Municipal Account
– Post qualification, the bursar may be required to work for De Beers or Worley Parsons for a period equal to the study period funded.
Short-listed applicants will be required to undergo psychometric assessments and interviews.
For the attention of Lynn Berowsky: e-mail CHQ.InternalCommunication@debeersgroup.com
Closing Date: 2 October 2017
No late applications will be considered.
Please note: If you have not heard from us by 8 December 2017, please consider your application
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED