First Call for Abstracts
17 – 22nd June 2018
HOST: MASINDE MULIRO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (MMUST),
Congress Theme: Harnessing Research Output for Sustainable Development
First Pan African Universities International Research Congress on Knowledge Generation and Dissemination in Africa will be hosted by Masinde Muliro University of Science & Technology
(MMUST), Kakamega-Kenya in partnership with University of Venda (UNIVEN)-South Africa; Walter Sisulu University (WSU)-South Africa; Botswana International University of Science & Technology (BIUST)-Botswana and Ibadan University (IU)-Nigeria. The Congress will serve as a platform for harnessing research output in addressing sustainable development goals.
Science and Technology for Sustainable Development
- Food security and improved nutrition for sustainable
- Renewable and non-renewable energy for development
- Sustainable agriculture, livestock and aquaculture
- Sustainable consumption and production patterns for development
- Science & Engineering technologies for sustainable development
Education, Social Services and Health for Sustainable Development
- Health sciences and promotion of human well-being
- Access to quality, inclusive & equitable education at all ages
- Management of water resources, availability and provision of water and sanitation for development
- Peaceful and inclusive societies for development
- Accountability and justice for peaceful coexistence
Governance and Economic Development
- Strategic planning for poverty reduction and socioeconomic development
- Gender equity and empowerment of all for socioeconomic development
- Sustainable economic growth and productive employment for all
- Rational and equitable distribution of resources\
- Global cohesion and integration for peace and development
Indigenous and Alternative Knowledge Systems for Development
- Alternative medicine and cultural determinants of health and well-being
- Indigenous methods, traditional rights and cultural diversity
- Traditional foods, nutrition and well being
- Community led solutions: cultural resurgence and resilience
- Manifold and divergent indigenous identities to nation building
Research and Knowledge Management for Commercialization
- Sustainable infrastructure and innovations for industrial development
- Research, innovation & intellectual property for wealth creation and development
- Indigenous knowledge management & information sharing
- Strategic intellectual property management & commercialization
- Capacity building for productive research and sustainable development
Climate Change and Environmental Management for Sustainable Development
- Global warming, climate change and climate variability
- Sustainable utilization of marine resources and use of terrestrial biodiversity and ecosystems for development
- Promote sustainable use of land, combat desertification, halt and reverse land degradation
- Safe and sustainable planning for human settlements
- Waste management and environmental pollution
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Researchers, academics, postgraduate students managers and policy makers in Government, intergovernmental
and non-governmental organisations, research administrators, staff of research councils and agencies, and any other interested persons.
GUIDELINES FOR STRUCTURE, FORMAT AND SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS, PAPERS & POSTERS
Details of the abstract structure and format can be found by following this FORMATTING INSTRUCTIONS hyperlink which also has Word and LaTex templates.
Submissions should ONLY be done online by the advertised deadlines, by following this CONGRESS ABSTRACT SUBMISSION hyper-link. Authors of accepted abstracts will be required to submit full papers to the same LINK which will be peer reviewed for publication in the congress book of proceedings. Poster abstracts should also be submitted to CONGRESS ABSTRACT SUBMISSION hyper-link. All posters should have a uniform size of A0. Posters will be mounted at designated places at the congress venue.
Poster presenters should be available at certain times during the congress.
22nd September 2017 – Abstract submission deadline
6th October 2017 – Notification of acceptance of abstract
10th October 2017 – Payment of registration fees deadline
20th October 2017 – Deadline for submission of full paper for peer review
The abstracts, papers and posters should be in British English with well structured and understandable text.
Authors are limited to two oral presentations.
MODE OF PRESENTATION
- Presentations are welcome in oral and poster formats.
- The organizing committee will provide laptop and LCD projector for all audio-visual presentations.
Companies are welcome to display their promotional items
at the following fees:
- Developed countries – U.S. $400
- Developing countries – U.S. $200
All accepted papers will be developed into manuscripts and submitted for consideration in the Congress proceedings.
Excursions will be organised to the world famous Maasai Mara National Park and Kakamega Forest. Details can be found on the Congress webpage.
Applicable fees to be paid into MMUST Account are as follows:
- Developed countries (Academics) – U.S. $150
- Developed countries (Students) -U.S. $50
- Developing countries (Academics) – U.S. $100
- Developing countries (Students) -U.S. $50
Fees to be paid into account:
- Standard Chartered Bank Account, P.O. Box 292 -50100, Kakamega, Kenya.
- Acc. No: 0102098712400, Kakamega Branch, Kenya.
- SWIFT code: SCBLKENXXX.
- Bank code: 002.
- Beneficiary: 1st International Research Congress on Knowledge Generation and Dissemination in Africa.
Terms and conditions:
- The registration fee includes: conference attendance,luncheon, coffee/tea and snacks (3 days), International Research Congress on Knowledge Generation and Dissemination in Africa (ICKGDA-2017) Congress Proceedings (hard and soft copies) and certificate of attendance. Also included is a networking dinner.
- For multi-authored papers each attending author needs to separately register and pay individual registration fee.
- The registration fee does NOT include hotel accommodation.
- Cancellations made on or after the registration deadline are non-refundable. Cancellations made before
the registration deadline attract USDxxx administrative charges.