The role of the Organizational Development and Training is to assist the University of Venda to achieve its strategic plans through skills development programmes that are designed to improve individual, departmental and institutional performance. The OD and Training Unit is located within the Human Resources Department and provides programmes and initiatives aimed at making the University of Venda an employer of choice.
The OD and Training Unit collaborates with the Centre Higher Education Teaching and Learning (CHETL); Research and Innovation; and the Department of Information Technology Services developing and implementing various programmes.
Main Areas of responsibility:
- Plan and organize education, Training and development interventions for staff
- Conduct Training needs analysis for staff and the university
- Develop Policies on training through skills development fund and departmental budgets
- Consultation with supervisors and heads of Departments on employee development issues.
- Keep records of all skills development activities
- Coordinate and administer the new employee orientation
- Administer internships, bursaries as well as experiential learning for students
- Identify where training is needed by the organization as a whole or by employees
- Administer skills development fund and bursaries from SETAs
- Offer in-house training courses, including short courses and skills programmes
- Manage the ABET programme
- Offer development programmes like HERS-SA, HESA fellowship programmes
- Offer Ad hoc training (external job related training) for all staff members
- Conduct job evaluations and profiling,
- Manage Performance Management system.