To be at the centre of tertiary education for rural and regional development
in Southern Africa.
As a comprehensive institution, the University of Venda offers a range of
undergraduate and post graduate qualifications in fields of study that are responsive
to the development needs of the Southern African region, using appropriate learning
methodologies and research.
To transform into a comprehensive University that offers academic, professional
and vocational programmes.
- Quality and excellence: Strive to the highest standards as benchmarked
and evaluated by peers;
- Accountability: Commitment to good and responsible use of human, fiscal
and physical resources entrusted to us and deliver on and be answerable to our
- Transparency: Openness to public scrutiny on our actions, processes
and use of our resources;
- Integrity: Consistently espousing and practicing honesty, truth and
freedom in all we do;
- Respect: Treating all stakeholders with civility and dignity;
- Diversity: Recognition that diversity and excellence are mutually inclusive,
enhancing our teaching, scholarship and community engagement, as well as our
ability to interact with all people; and
- Social responsibility, community engagement and ubuntu: Contributing
to the best extent possible, to the intellectual, social and economic well-being
of the communities we serve.