- Univen Income Generation Centre (Pty)Ltd has been established as a
registered company owned fully by the University of Venda. This company was
registered in December 2010, with the objective of generating third stream income
for the University of Venda.
- UIGC has five operating units and the unit managers report to the UIGC
coordinator with regards to their operations. The operating units are as follows:
- UCU – Univen Consultancy Unit which is in charge of all consultancy
services including research consultancy and other types of consultancy activities.
This unit is headed by Dr. M.J. Mudau (X8682).
- UCCE – Univen Centre for Continuing Education which is charge
of all short courses offered to various learners in the University. This unit
is headed by Dr. A.P. Kutame (8715).
- UCC – Univen Commercial Centre which handles all commercial projects
including innovation and commercialization activities. This unit is headed by
Mr. D.C. Manda (8202).
- SRDU – Statistics and research design unit which is in charge
of providing statistical services and research design supports to staff and
students; as well as other external agencies. This unit is headed by Prof. P.
- EPRU - Editing and proofreading unit which provides editing, proofreading
and translation services to staff and students as well as to other external
agencies. This unit is headed by Dr. K.N. Phalanndwa (8299).
- To be the centre of integrated and sustainable third stream income
generation for the University of Venda.
- To generate income through quality consultancy services, short courses
and commercial projects.
UIGC STRATEGIC PLAN FOR 2012-2016
Main strategic objective: To promote increases in third stream income at the
University of Venda
- An important strategic objective of the University of Venda under the
strategic plan for 2012-2016 is to promote Financial Sustainability of the University
- A Key Performance Area (KPA) of this objective is to promote increase
in Third Stream Income at the University through the activities of UIGC. These
activities are presented in details under the UIGC strategic plan for 2012-2016.
The specified activities include offering of short courses and learnerships;
development of policy for short courses; training of facilitators; offering
accredited SETA courses; development of consultancy policy; development of policy
for commercial projects; development of policy and editing; and development
of policy for statistical services.