Celebrating 25 years of success and recently awarded the 2016 Targetjobs National Diversity Recruitment Awards, FDM Group is an international IT services provider currently looking for bright, highly motivated and talented graduates with the drive to work in Software Development in Financial Services. Candidates should have a demonstrable interest in software development and Financial Markets to apply for this position within our award-winning Graduate Programme.
Once trained in early 2018 in Cape Town, our developers will work as professional FDM Consultants on site in Johannesburg or Cape Town with our client Absa Capital (Corporate and Investment Banking CIB).
As a subsidiary of Barclays Africa Group, Absa Capital is one of the leading Corporate and Investment Banking organisations operating in South Africa and Africa. They are market leaders in customer service and product quality, and have a focus on helping people achieve their ambitions to make positive changes to their lives; hence they have excellent career prospects. They are looking to develop a range of Digital products which will span across Corporate, Investment, Client and Colleague based projects to deliver new solutions.
FDM’s unique combination of fully-funded training and commercial experience will fast-track your career progression into roles in .Net Software Development. You will be trained for 14 weeks to provide the full .Net development skills you will need. Following training, you will enter a fast-paced and challenging environment to develop mobile, web applications and APIs, as well as deliver a number of replacement solutions for existing software platforms.
Your main responsibilities
• Build reusable software components and libraries for future use across multiple projects
• Design, code, test, debug and document software according to the functional requirements
• Analyse, diagnose and resolve errors related to their applications
• Keep abreast of technical and industry developments
• Work closely with developers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
What we are looking for Essential
• BSc degree in Computer Science or other STEM field
• Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, with excellent attention to detail
• Ambitious and driven
• Strong communication skills
• Flexible about working with new methodologies and technologies
• An interest in Finance/Capital markets
What you will learn:
• Operating Systems
• Databases (SQL)
• Agile, SCRUM and Test Driven Development
• Object oriented programming principles
• Web and Mobile Application development
• Microsoft .Net development framework
• Financial Markets (Investment Banking)
As part of your FDM training prior to your placement onsite with Absa, you will have the opportunity to travel to the UK for 3 months. All necessary documentation, travel, accommodation and living expenses will be arranged and paid for you.
If you are passionate about Technology and have the drive to work as a .Net Software Development Engineer, we would like to hear from you! Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The appointment will be made in line with the Absa’s Employment Equity strategy. Preference will be given to South African Citizens and Permanent residents of South Africa with proof of permanent resident status.
To learn more about FDM please visit our website at: http:/www.fdmgroup.com