OFFICE OF THE UNIVERSITY REGISTRAR
ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL UNIVEN CONVOCATION MEMBERS
2021 CONVOCATION ELECTIONS
1. Greetings from the Office of the University Registrar and Secretary to Convocation.
2. Be informed that the Minister of Higher Education, Science and Innovation, Dr Blade Nzimande has published an amended Institutional Statute of the University of Venda dated 14 May 2021.
3. Further note that Chapter 7, section 59(1) of the Statute provides for the election of the president, vice president and five additional members of the convocation through the electronic ballot and secured online voting system.
4. In light of section 59(1) of the Statute and the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in South Africa, the electoral officer who is the secretary to convocation, further empowered by section 59(2) of the Statute, hereby determines that convocation elections would be conducted through the electronic ballot and secured online voting.
5. The election management plan and other election details would be shared with members through University communication platforms namely emails, SMSs, social media, newsletters and national media. Nomination opens on the 10 July 2021 and Closes on 15 July 2021 at 16h45. The electronic voting elections are scheduled for 26-28 July 2021.
6. The Amended Institutional Statute is obtainable from the University website for ease of reference.
7. Trust that this process would undoubtedly produce credible elections which are free and fair.
8. For additional information, Mr Mashudu Ramaleba, the Convocation and Alumni Officer is at your service and contactable at 015 962 8338 or 071 632 3422 and email email@example.com
Advocate E.N. Lambani
(Secretary to Convocation)