The National Research Foundation (NRF), the Department of Science and Innovation (DSI), National Skills Fund (NSF) and South African Synthetic Oil Limited (SASOL) are pleased to announce the provisional awards for honours and final year BTech studies in 2020. The awards have been made according to the strategic objectives of the honours and final year BTech funding instrument, the Ministerial Directives on equity targets and the available budget. The list of successful applications for honours and final year BTech studies is available on the following link: https://www.nrf.ac.za/document/announcement-successful-applications-honours-nrf-scholarships-funding-2020. Please download the document named successful applications for honours NRF scholarships for funding in 2020.
- If your name appears in the attached document, you have been provisionally successful in receiving an award for 2020, provided that you meet the minimum requirements according to the NRF Postgraduate Scholarships Call for 2020, Framework document and Conditions of Grant.
– The NRF will forward award letters to successful candidates.
– Read through the Conditions of Grant carefully before accepting the award.
– All signed and completed documentation must be forwarded to the NRF via your University Postgraduate Funding Office or Research Office or Financial Aid Office, whichever is applicable at your university.
– Funds will only be released once the completed documentation has been received by the NRF.
– Awards not taken up by 30 April 2020 will be automatically cancelled, unless otherwise approved by the NRF.
– If your name does not appear in the link attached, you have not been awarded a scholarship for 2020.
- Feedback to unsuccessful candidates will be provided by the end of March 2020.
The NRF reserves the right to withdraw and cancel the scholarship should the applicant fail to meet all necessary conditions and/or requirements as stated in the NRF Postgraduate Scholarships Call for 2020, Framework document and Conditions of Grant