Following the meeting between PGC and Management, below are the resolutions of Postgraduates Registration:
- All National postgraduates students with outstanding balances and have not yet signed Dept acknowledgment form before will be allowed to register without paying upfront registration fee of R5000, provided they will sign Dept Acknowledgement forms to confirm that they will pay their fees within first six months of the semester. Payments will be made in the following categories.
- R1 to R20000 must pay 50%
- R21000 to R50000 must pay 35%
- R51000 to R100000 must pay 25%
- R100000 and above must pay 15%
2. All new and returning national postgraduates students with R0,00 balances will be allowed to register without paying registration fee or R5000 and are required to sign an Acknowledgement of Debt Form stipulating the payment arrangement for the current year.
3. All National postgraduates students with outstanding balance and have previously signed the Debt acknowledgment form will be required to pay only upfront registration fee or R5000 provided that they will pay their fees following the above-mentioned categories on point (1) within six month of first semester.
4. All international postgraudates students with outstanding balance will be allowed to register provided they paid 50% of their outstanding balance and upfront registration fee of R5000 prior registration and settle the remaining debt as per categories indicated on paragraph 1 above.
5. All new postgraduates students without a debt and those who were former NSFAS beneficiaries who were allowed to register without paying a fee must settle their debt as per the 200 fee payment guideline.
6. Failure to honour such arrangements will lead to deregistration of the qualification at the discretion of management
Hope you will find the above mentioned in good order.
Dr RL Martin