The Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development (DALRRD) intends to award comprehensive bursaries to qualifying applicants pursuing and/or intending to further their studies in identified careers in the agriculture, land reform and rural development sector for the 2023 academic year. The bursary will cover tuition, accommodation, books, meals and monthly allowance. The bursary awards target the previously disadvantaged and impoverished persons from poverty-stricken and rural communities.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Use the form below for application.
For more information visit: https://www.dalrrd.gov.za/Branches/Food-Security-Agrarian-Reform/Sector-Education-Training/Careers
Closing date for all applications: 31 October 2022
- Applicants must be South African citizens
- Applicants must complete the relevant bursary application forms available from the website address: www.dalrrd.gov.za (Click on vacancies).
- Applicants who apply for fields of study that are not listed above will not be considered.
- Please note that communication will be limited to successful applicants only. If you have not received any communication from the department within 14 days after the release of Grade 12 results and after the National Bursary Committee has finalised the selection process, consider your application unsuccessful.
- The Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development reserves the right to determine the total number of bursary allocations for the academic year based on the total budget available.
- No late application forms will be considered.
- Applicants who are not in possession of their University acceptance letter or Final results can submit their application while waiting for the said documents.
- All completed bursary application forms together with certified copies of ID and certificates/performance results should be sent to ONLY ONE of the following addresses: