On 30 May 2021 President Ramaphosa addressed the nation and announced that the country is moved to adjusted alert level 2 of lockdown effective 31 May. The following image depicts the restrictions accompanying the adjusted level:
The implications of these restrictions for UNIVEN are as follows:
1. Physical classes will continue to be permitted only for first year students, while the rest of the levels (2nd years upwards) will continue with online learning.
2. Physical classes on campus will be restricted to 100 people or 50% capacity of the venue indoors when all COVID-19 precautionary measures are adhered to.
3. No outdoor gathering will be permitted both on and off-campus residences.
3. Curfew hours on campus will be restricted to 11pm till 4 am.
4. Cafeteria will close at 10pm.
5. Everyone entering the campus will be expected to produce an updated screening card at the main gates including every protected section.
6. Mask remain mandatory on campus, and everyone found without a mask will be guilty of an offense (see attached).
Mr. Magadani A
Business Continuity Transversal Committee Chairperson