We are excited to announce that University of Venda has partnered with Feenix, an online fundraising platform, to assist students who have graduated or are soon to graduate to clear their historical debt and obtain their certification.
Feenix understands the burden student debt places on students, and the impact this can have on their professional development. Since its launch in 2017, over 1503 students have been able to fundraise over R72 million towards their outstanding student debt on Feenix by sharing their Feenix profiles via social media, WhatsApp and email with friends and family willing to make a donation towards their studies.
Once you have registered and created a profile, you can share your unique story with potential donors, including your community, small and large businesses, and other individuals who are motivated to make a donation towards your student debt.
This opportunity not only assists in legitimising your own fundraising efforts, but expands your network to include the greater Feenix funder community.
To create your fundraising profile on Feenix you need to meet the following criteria:
- Have current or historical student debt
- Are a South African citizen or have Permanent Resident, Asylum Seeker or Refugee Status
- Have a combined annual household income below R600 000.
To register on Feenix to begin fundraising you will need the following:
- A working email address
- A certified ID copy (not older than 6 months)
- ID Number of one (or more) parent/guardian (in order for us to run a household income check)
- A Profile Picture, according to the guidelines on the website
- An official fee statement (on the official University letterhead, not older than 30 days)
- Your unique story, according to the guidelines on the website
Once your profile passes moderation and goes live on the Feenix platform you will be notified via email (also check your spam too!). You will also receive our downloadable First R100 Fundraising Guide, which is all the tips & tricks you need to know on how to begin your fundraising journey, starting with that FIRST R100!
Check out the FAQs page on the Feenix website – your question might already be answered.
If you still have questions or need help, contact the Feenix team at firstname.lastname@example.org or via WhatsApp on 063 968 7544.