The South African Young Academy of Science (SAYAS) Task Team on Feeding the Pipeline presents: Empowering your success for Postgraduate (Hons, Masters, PhD & Post-doctoral Studies) Funding Applications Toolkit.
- Applicants adhere to the institutional cut- off dates and or closing dates of the applications.
- Ample time is dedicated towards the application and that the application is commenced well on time to ensure submission of a quality application.
- Applicants read and understand (all necessary documents) the framework and/or funding call before preparing the application.
- Applicants must make sure to fulfil the bursary/funding eligibility requirements.
- Applicants must ensure all sections of the online or hardcopy of the application form are adequately completed and seek help if needed (most funders have an email address to which queries can be addressed).
- The application has been checked/revised for any errors before submission.
- Potential supervisors and referees must have seen the proposal before their names are entered into the system or recommendation letters requested.
- Applicants update their CV on the respective funder’s website or platform if required
- If you require a mentor to assist with your application (contact Mr K Mbhiza Kholani@assaf.org.za or Prof T Naicker Naickert1@ukzn.ac.za that can put you in touch with someone from the task team
Full Toolkit Document: