First International Conference on Open Innovations
3 -5 October, 2018 | Thohoyandou, Limpopo, South Africa
Open Innovations Menu
RE-CREATING SOCIETY THROUGH “DISRUPTIVE DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION”
About the Conference
This is the first call for papers for the IEEE technically-sponsored 2018 International Conference on Open Innovations to be hosted by University of Venda, Limpopo, Thohoyandou, South Africa on the of 3-5 of October 2018. We invite the submission of Full Research Papers (FRP); Short Research Papers(SRP), Reflection Papers (RP), Student Colloquium Papers & Posters(SPP), Workshops & Tutorials (WT), Research Development Symposia (RDS), Invited Talks (IT) and Showcases & Exhibitions (SE) to the 2018 Open Innovations (OI) Conference. The 2018 Open Innovations theme, “Re-Creating Society through “Disruptive Digital Transformation” invites submissions that explore the changing nature of innovation practices, principles, applications and teaching in an era of profound “disruptive” change in all spheres of our society. Disruptive Innovation is now seen as an imperative that underpins human progress, with societal changes exemplified by Schumpeter’s ‘creative disruption’ and Christensen’s ‘disruptive technologies’. These “Disruptive Innovations”, partly influenced by digital technologies, have resulted in a dramatic transformation of established industries and the global business landscape as well. The implications deriving from this transformation provide ample opportunities for researchers, innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs to better advance the open innovation discourse and development in Africa. Key questions deriving from this transformation include the following:
• How is digital transformation shifting the traditional boundaries of innovation agency, innovation processes and outcomes?
• In the current knowledge-based society, what are the emergent forms of products, service platforms, infrastructure systems, applications, financial systems, marketing systems, educational approaches and governance systems appropriate for development of innovations?
• How are innovation ecosystems emerging in light of the increasingly dominant paradigm of the “sharing economy”?
• How can digitization and innovation remain context-relevant and sustainable?
Given the multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary nature of Open Innovations, we invite submissions from all disciplines that engage with innovations in various contexts of emerging and developed economies.
1. Digital Sharing Economy
9. Digital Innovations in Organizations
1. Innovation Policies & Instruments
10. Innovation Ecosystems
2. Digital Entrepreneurship
11. Digital Innovations in Government
3. Innovations in Data Sciences
12. Digital Transformation & Innovations
4. Innovations in Information Engineering
13. Case Studies on Innovation Hubs
5. Innovations in Health Informatics
14. Sustainable Energy Innovations
6. Internet of Things
15. Innovations in STEM Disciplines
7. High Performance Computing
16. Innovations in Information Sciences
8. Innovations in Project Management
17. General Tracks, Exhibitions, Workshops & Tutorials
Detailed description of each of the thematic strands shall be provided.
To submit a paper, register first in Easy Chair by following this link:
Local Organizing Committee
School of Management Sciences, University of Venda.
The local organizing committee comprised of the following:
Prof. Nixon Muganda Ochara – Conference Chair
Prof. Richard Shambare – Conference Editor
Prof. Nghamula Nkuna – Programme Committee Chair
Ms. Grace Ramavhona – University of Venda
Mr. Ephraim Mahole – University of Venda
Ms. Mukondoleli Manuga – University of Venda
Ms. Mutondi Mashamba – University of Venda
Dr. Leward Jeke – University of Venda
Mr. Hlanganipai Ngirande – University of Venda
Ms. Maleshoane Sepeame – University of Venda
Mr. RV Mudzanani, University of Venda
Submissions open: Tuesday, February 15, 2018
Submission deadline: Sunday, July 15, 2018 (11:59 PM Johannesburg Time)
Notification to authors: Tuesday, July 31, 2018
Deadline for Final Paper Submission: Sunday, September 16, 2018 (11:59 PM Johannesburg Time)
Ms. Grace Ramavhona email@example.com , Tel: +27(0)15 962 8216
Prof. Richard Shambare, Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Nixon Muganda Ochara, Muganda.email@example.com