The Southern African Wildlife College (SAWC) is currently presenting the RRU course. It is an accredited NQF level 5 course. To date, seven of the 15 contact courses have been concluded.
We are now rolling out the online version. It is a four-week course (as per the following dates). The course content is noted below.
For the rest of the year (2022) only, the SAWC, (supported by GIZ Employment and skills for Development (E4D) Programme), is offering funded positions for the RRU Online Course. Participants will need to be computer literate, have access to a computer and internet access.
Although places on these courses are funded until the end of 2022, the value of the Online Course is R3 000.
To get more information on the course and to apply:
- RRU online course information – https://wildlifecollege.org.za/course/responsible-resource-use-course-online/
- RRU online course application form – https://wildlifecollege.org.za/rru-online-course-application-form/
- See attached notice – E4D SAWC_RRU_OnlineCourse_NOTICE_final_rev.pdf
SAWC RRU Course Basic Outline: Understanding Responsible Resource Use
- Identify what RRU is and how it relates to Sustainability and Sustainable Use
- Characteristics of RRU
- Classify Resources and Liabilities in the environmental resource use context
- Responsibility & enforcing it:
- Identifying the resource users and patterns of resource use in the African context
- Identify and describe land and resource use options that are responsible
- Understand the effects of ownership and incentives on resource use
- Communicating Responsible Resource Use