The University of Venda (UNIVEN) is pleased to advertise the UNIVEN Entrepreneurial Programmes: Project Coordinator Position. This position will involve Project Administration roles in the following Entrepreneurship programmes.
- STUDENT TRAINING FOR ENTREPRENEURIAL PROMOTION (STEP)
- EDHE Entrepreneurship Intervarsity and Student Entrepreneur Week (SEW)
- EDHE Economic Activation Office (EAO)
Employment Type: One year contract
Remuneration: Market Related
The Entrepreneurial Programmes: Project Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day administration and implementation of the above-mentioned entrepreneurial programmes at UNIVEN. This will include assisting in the design, administration, monitoring & evaluation and technical and financial reporting of the above-mentioned programmes. The Entrepreneurial Programmes: Project Coordinator will also be expected to contribute towards the strategic direction of the programmes.
- Support and engage in institution-wide entrepreneurship activities and promotion;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders relevant to entrepreneurship, such as academic faculty, incubators, centres for entrepreneurship, technology transfer office, student societies and university leadership;
- Facilitate support for student entrepreneurs within the university ecosystem, with a specific focus on student women in entrepreneurship;
- Remain informed of activities in entrepreneurship and innovation within the institution, across faculties and with other university structures;
- Remain informed of trends, activities and opportunities in entrepreneurship development relevant to Universities in South Africa;
- Report on entrepreneurship activity and developments;
- Represent the University on national entrepreneurship development structures, such as STEP, EDHE and SEW programmes;
- Collaborate with relevant external stakeholders, such as EDHE, SEDA and other entrepreneurship support initiatives in the public and private sector;
- Coordinate the establishment of CoPs within the University, aligned with the national EDHE CoPs; and
- A master’s degree in project management, stakeholder management, business management, international relations, or related field. A PhD degree in view will be an added advantage.
- At least one year experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of entrepreneurship and youth development approaches and projects.
- Knowledge of the South African higher education sector.
- Knowledge of the South African Small, Medium and Micro Enterprise (SMME) ecosystem.
- Knowledge of the South African Intellectual Property (IP) regime will be an added advantage.
- Target will be UNIVEN Masters and PhD students.
Closing date: 19th June 2022
- Please send your complete CV with supporting documents to Ms. Makole Magoro (Makole.Magoro@univen.ac.za) and Ms Suzan Sathekge email@example.com
- Please send a one page motivational letter indicating why you would be the suitable candidate for the position.
- Please include three (3) or more contactable references.
- Please include links to relevant presentations, publications, or articles.
NB: UNIVEN reserves the right to re-advertise the position or to not fill the position. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates.