The University of Venda (UNIVEN) is pleased to advertise the UNIVEN Entrepreneurial Programmes: Project Assistant Position. This position will involve Project Administration roles in the following Entrepreneurship programmes.
- Student Training for Entrepreneurial Promotion (STEP)
- EDHE Entrepreneurship Intervarsity and Student Entrepreneur Week (SEW)
- EDHE Economic Activation Office (EAO)
Employment Type: One year contract
Remuneration: Market Related
The Entrepreneurial Programmes: Project Assistant will be responsible for the day-to-day administration and implementation of the above-mentioned entrepreneurial programmes at UNIVEN. This will include assisting in the administration, monitoring & evaluation and technical and financial reporting of the above-mentioned programmes.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the aforementioned Entrepreneurial Programmes.
- Assist in organising meetings, workshops and seminars related to the Entrepreneurial Programmes.
- Develop a database of students, staff, and other stakeholders involved in Entrepreneurial Programmes.
- Act as the student focal point for all Entrepreneurial Programmes at the University, this may include inter-alia: The Facilitation of support for student entrepreneurs within the university ecosystem, with a specific focus on student women in entrepreneurship; keeping stakeholders informed of activities in entrepreneurship and innovation within the institution, across faculties and with other university structures; keeping stakeholder informed of trends, activities and opportunities in entrepreneurship development relevant to Universities in South Africa;
- Report on entrepreneurship activity and developments;
An honours degree in administration, project management, stakeholder management, business management, international relations, or related field. Masters degree in view will be an added advantage.
- At least one year experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of entrepreneurship and youth development approaches and projects.
- Knowledge of the South African higher education sector.
- Knowledge of the South African Small, Medium and Micro Enterprise (SMME) ecosystem.
- Knowledge of the South African Intellectual Property (IP) regime will be an added advantage.
- Target will be UNIVEN honours and masters students.
Closing date: 19th June 2022
- Please send your complete CV with supporting documents to Ms. Makole Magoro (Makole.Magoro@univen.ac.za) and Ms Suzan Sathekge email@example.com
- Please send a one page motivational letter indicating why you would be the suitable candidate for the position.
- Please include three (3) or more contactable references.
- Please include links to relevant presentations, publications, or articles.
NB: UNIVEN reserves the right to re-advertise the position or to not fill the position. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates.