How to Apply
Ready to apply to the University of Venda, and join one of the best universities? Select the appropriate online application in this section and learn about the steps you’ll take to complete the application process. You’ll also find instructions about submitting academic records and any other required documents, as well as information about tracking the status of your application after you’ve applied.
2021 NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS APPLYING ONLINE FOR RE-OPENED APPLICATION PROCESS
2021 Application, Admission and Registration – Applicants are invited to fill the remaining limited spaces in the following degrees
Study at Univen
How to Apply
Important Information for new applicants
- a testimonial of good conduct;
- a Matriculation certificate or, if not yet available, some form of proof that the prospective student complies with the necessary requirements for the degree for which s/he desire to register for or a statement of last school symbol achieved;
- one passport photograph (one for admission)
- application fees – no-refundable Postal Order;
- Copy of pages 1 of Identity Document.
No person shall be admitted as a candidate for a degree unless he has obtained the Matriculation certificate of the Committee of University Principals (SAUVCA) or a certificate of exemption from the Matriculation examination. It may be required of a prospective student to pass an ENTRANCE TEST before being granted permission to register. Alternatively, it may be required of a student to take SPECIAL MODULES in certain disciplines.
Appropriate prior learning in a specified area of study shall also be recognised. The criteria to assess prior learning shall be determined by Senate.
Unless the Senate grants special permission, modules taken outside a prescribed curriculum, i.e “extra-curricula” modules, shall be subject to the same admission requirements as modules taken within the prescribed curriculum for a degree or diploma.
Registration of Students (Chapter 10, Section 86, Statute of University of Venda )
A student must report for registration on the dates and during the times specified.
Each candidate for registration must complete and sign the prescribed registration form and submit it to the Dean of the School concerned for approval, giving details of the module(s) he intends to follow.
The full fees for the semester are payable in advance and not later than the date specified.
Only registered students may attend lectures.
A person registering as a student must complete and sign the official registration form, thus binding himself to observe the rules of the University. A person shall only be admitted to a module for a degree or diploma if his/her curriculum has been approved by the Dean of the School concerned. An approved curriculum may subsequently be amended within a specified period, provided that the amended curriculum conforms to the rules in force at the time of the amendment.
A student must ensure that the composition of the chosen curriculum complies with the general rules for the various Schools.
Part-time students shall not take more than three modules per semester whilst full-time student cannot exceed 6 (six) per semester.
Step 2: Download application form, fill in and return (undergraduate or postgraduate or returning student).
Scan all the documents (this includes;
o Application form
o Supporting documents
o Proof of payment
Send the scanned documents to the following emails;
NB: University of Venda no longer accepts hand delivered, posted/mailed applications for admissions. We shall only accept applications submitted electronically.
Proof of payment must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Step 4: Apply for campus residence, you will now receive correspondence from Housing and Residence Affairs.
Application for Admission
Application for admission to a University residence must be made on the prescribed form to reach the University in September of the year which precedes the year in which he/she intends to register.
Residence Application Forms:
Step 5: Applications fees
Applications fees: A non-refundable application fee of R100 must be paid when applying to UNIVEN.
Paying an application fee does not mean that your application was successful.
Application Fee Details
Payment methods which you can use:
Online Credit/Debit card payment by clicking on the online payment option during the application process – payment will clear immediately
Other important Notes:
Prospective students who will pay using credit and or debit card with CVV number at the back of the card will be able to immediately continue with online application once they receive a confirmation of payment via email address registered from UNIVENSupport@univen.ac.za.
Maestro and VISA cheque/ platinum card etc. will be accepted provided it has CVV number at the back.
Any card without CVV will not be accepted e.g. Savings card, Diners club card, American express will not be considered.
Contact the Student Finance Office
All student account enquiries and quotations for student fees can be made to the Student Finance Office.
Tel: +27 15 962 8467
Step 6: Register Online
Logon on to MyAccess for self registration
All prospective students are to register online on the following link: https://univenien.univen.ac.za/pls/prodi04/w99pkg.mi_login
ALL APPLICATION ENQUIRIES SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO STUDENT ADMINISTRATION:
Mulidzi Fhatuwani – Phone: +27 15 962 8959 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Muthevhuli Stella – Phone: +27 15 962 8953 | Email: email@example.com
Nemutanzhela Thizwilondi – Phone: +27 15 962 8974| Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Name: Seth Ugoda
Designation: Chief Admissions Officer
Phone: +2715 962 8882 / +2715 962 8954
Step 1: Choose Career, Download Prospectus and calculate points (Univen Prospectus)
For any enquiries and assistance with points calculation contact, student recruitment and career exhibitions
Mr Takalani Nyelisani
Phone: +27 15 962 8339
Mr Justice Lebopa
Phone: +27 15 962 9139
Study Fees, Scholarships and Bursaries
Step 2: Academic Application Process
- Only South African undergraduate applicants are to apply on online application wizard, click here to begin with the online application on MyAccess platform
- All post graduate and International (Non South African) applicants are to submit scanned application form with supporting documents to one of the following emails: email@example.com
- To apply online, you should be having a South African Identify number, Cell phone number and an email address
- During online application process, you may save and return at a later stage to complete the application.
- A copy of I.D. document/passport, Grade 11 report and proof of payment (i.e. all documents in PDF format) must be scanned.
- Applicant will be required to create a pin
- Complete your application and upload the required documents.
- You will then get a student number
- After successful submission and completion of your online application, you can log into My access page to access / view your application details.
Application Fee Details
A non-refundable application fee of R100 must be paid when applying to UNIVEN. Paying an application fee does not mean that your application was successful.
Payment methods which you can use:
- Online Credit/Debit card payment by clicking on the online payment option during the application process – payment will clear immediately
Other important Notes:
- Prospective students who will pay using credit and or debit card with CVV number at the back of the card will be able to immediately continue with online application once they receive a confirmation of payment via email address registered from UNIVENSupport@univen.ac.za.
- Maestro and VISA cheque/ platinum card etc. will be accepted provided it has CVV number at the back.
- Any card without CVV will not be accepted e.g. Savings card, Diners club card, American express will not be considered.
Housing and Accommodation
Step 3: Check Application Status
- Enter your ID number
- Applicant’s details will appear
- Qualifications that you applied for will appear with statuses showing whether you qualify or not qualify for admission
- On the right side of qualifications that you are qualifying for admission “REQUEST OFFER” button to click
- You will only be given one chance to choose one qualification
- Make sure that you click on the qualification that you want to be admitted to
i) ID not found – Not application found or application not captured
ii) Request for admission – Student must request for admission
iii) Requested for admission – Student has not been allocated space
iv) Admitted – Student has been allocated space and must continue to register online
INFORMATION RELATING TO SPECIFIC PROGRAMMES AND SCHOOLS
Step 4: Online Registration
- The University has streamlined and automated the registration processes, and as a result, returning students are advised not to visit the University for registration. They can register anywhere off campus.
Click here to register online via myAccess
Click here to reset your myAccess Pin
- Students who are having queries relating to registration can contact school administrators