Mrs René S. Pearce-Okwuashi is employed as the Science Foundation Chemistry Lecturer in the Science Foundation Department. She has worked for 16 years in the Higher Education sector and two years in the Department of Basic Education as a Physical Science Teacher.
She is a dedicated Lecturer who is strongly engaged in the social and emotional wellbeing of her students. Her passion lies in teaching rather than lecturing and this can be seen in the annual pass rates of her students. She is also a mentor to some of her previous Science Foundation students who are currently pursuing their postgraduate studies at the University of Venda and some of which are already employed.
She is an Organic Chemist and has published in peer reviewed and accredited journals. Her publications include:
1. Lecturing versus Teaching in Foundation and First Year Chemistry.
René Pearce & Lawrence Okwuashi; Journal of Modern Education Review, July 2013, 3(7), 568-575.
2. Synthesis of 2‐Acetyl‐4‐hydroxynaphtho[2,3‐b]pyran‐5,10‐dione and the 4‐Deoxy Analogue as Models for Comparative Biological Evaluations.
Farouk Ameer ; Robin G. F. Giles ; Victor I. Hugo ; Samir Patel & René Pearce; SYNTHETIC COMMUNICATIONS; JAN. 2011, 34(14), 2565-2573.
3. Synthesis of Methoxy-2-hydroxy-1,4-naphthpquinone and Reaction of One Isomer with Aldehydes Under Basic Conditions.
Farouk Ameer; Robin G. F. Giles; Ivan Robert Green & René Pearce; SYNTHETIC COMMUNICATIONS; DEC. 2004, 34(7),1247-1258.
4. Synthesis of 2Acetyl4-hydroxynaphtho[2,3-b] pyran-5,10-dione and the 4-Deoxy Analogue as Models for Comparative Biological Evaluations.
Farouk Ameer; Robin G. F. Giles; Ivan R. Green & René Pearce; CHEMINFORM, DECEMBER 2004; 35(50).
5. Synthesis of Methoxy‐2‐hydroxy‐1,4‐naphthoquinones and Reaction of One Isomer with Aldehydes Under Basic Conditions
Farouk Ameer; Robin G. F. Giles; Ivan R. Green & René Pearce; CHEMINFORM, AUGUST 2004, 35(32).
She is a member of the SENATE committee at the University of Venda.
Links to other profiles:
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/RenePearce
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Work no: 015 962 9345
Office no: SF060, Life Sciences & Chemistry Building