Student Counseling and Career Development UnitCentre for Higher Education Teaching and Learning
These services are available to support students’ development and academic performance. They are offered by student counsellors to ensure that challenges that impact negatively on student performance and quality of life are addressed. Students are provided with a private and confidential space within which to explore their concerns (big and small) during their stay at Univen.
- Personal counselling /therapy on personal issues such as Loneliness, stress and depression.
- Trauma and grief/bereavement.
- Relationship problems.
- Anger management issues & family problems.
- Help students to know themselves with regard to their interest, abilities & personalities for best career choices.
- Link students with prospective employers.
- Train students in job search skills.
Training & mentoring of peer helpers
- Psycho-education programmes such as:
- Substance abuse
- Emotional intelligence
- Stress management